Make and like a post for your chance to win an iPhone 6S 16GB for the Holidays! #TheGreatCanadianiPhoneHolidayGiveaway

Digital Futures at OCAD University

Hey!

I'm currently a graduate student at OCAD University studying Digital Futures. From the offset, that seems to be something which people don't completely understand. So the best description that I can give of it would be a mix of technology and art which is based in design. Understanding how people think and feel and then building things which effect people is what I think the program is all about.

It's also a really young program and that means that everything doesn't always work but that also means that as a program one has more flexibility and opportunity to really shape what you really want to learn. Over the last 4 months, I've learnt basic coding, prototyping, design research and a host of other skills that I can't categorize.

My understanding getting into this program was based on the fact that the jobs out there are constantly evolving so one is studying to gain skill sets for jobs which don't exist yet. That's a strange problem to have but also a great opportunity if one can identify it.

Let me know if you have any other questions or thoughts.

Leon